Overview of Istanbul Kent University Scholarships
Istanbul Kent University (IKU) is a renowned private institution situated in Istanbul, Turkey. Established in 1993, the university stands out as one of Turkey’s premier institutions, offering diverse undergraduate and postgraduate courses in domains like business, engineering, law, medicine, and arts.
Delving into IKU’s Past Founded by a coalition of Turkish entrepreneurs and scholars in 1993, Prof. Dr. Kemal Gürüz took the mantle as its first president, a position he held until 2003. Since its establishment, the university has witnessed exponential growth, making it one of Turkey’s most significant private educational institutions.
Campus Insights Nestled in Istanbul’s heartbeat, IKU’s primary campus is in the historic and lively Beyoğlu district. Additionally, several satellite campuses are spread across different parts of the city.
Recognition & Rankings IKU has earned a place among Turkey’s top 100 universities as per the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Furthermore, it ranks within the top 500 on the global list by QS World University Rankings.
Financial Aids and Scholarships A variety of scholarships await both Turkish and international students at IKU. These are distributed based on academic excellence, financial requirements, and participation in extracurricular activities.
Investing in Education: Tuition Details Undergraduate programs at IKU come with an annual fee ranging between €5,000 and €10,000. For those seeking postgraduate courses, the fee varies from €7,000 to €15,000 per annum.
Diverse Course Offerings From business and engineering to law, medicine, and the arts, IKU’s course range is extensive. The postgraduate courses, particularly in business administration, engineering, law, medicine, and arts, are notably sought-after.
With its position among the top institutions both in Turkey and worldwide, Istanbul Kent University provides a plethora of courses for undergraduate and postgraduate students. Their competitive fee structure, combined with numerous scholarship opportunities, makes them a worthy choice.
- IKU Admission Criteria? Depending on the desired course, the prerequisites might differ. Generally, it entails a high school degree or its equivalent, SAT or ACT results, and recommendation letters.
- Estimated Living Expenses in Istanbul? Living in Istanbul can cost around €500-€1,000 monthly, covering accommodation, food, transport, and more.
- Career Opportunities Post Graduation from IKU? IKU graduates have promising career prospects, backed by a robust alumni association.
- Why Choose IKU? The university’s academic prowess, vibrant city locale, and rich student diversity are major attractions. However, its tuition fees and challenging admission procedures can be deterrents for some.
- Is IKU Worth It? Certainly! Boasting top rankings in Turkey and globally, coupled with a comprehensive course catalog and an influential alumni base, IKU assures a rewarding educational experience.
If this guide served your purpose, and should you have any more queries, don’t hesitate to reach out.